Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Bits and Bobs

I don't have much to post about tonight.....I spent the day at work where nothing much exciting happened.

We had an interesting sermon last night at church. It was given by a young man who is leaving our church to attend one in the city with his wife. He has been at our church all his life and so it was very emotional for everyone. He has a real gift for speaking and is considering entering the ministry or going on mission.

He spoke on psalm 23 - The Lord is my shepherd. He told a couple of stories which really touched me. One was about a French chaplain during the war who would preach to his soldiers before they went out to battle. He told to count out the first five words of psalm 23 on their fingers, Shepherd landed on their thumb. The Chaplain told the soldiers to hang onto their thumb when they were in difficulties and it would remind them that the Lord was looking after them. At the end of a battle they went out to collect the dead and wounded, and they found a dead man with his gun by his side holding on to his thumb.

What a moving story.

I also thought I would have a go at Lauren's meme. Be sure to visit her over on
Adventures of a Southern Newlywed

What accessories do you wear everyday? I wear my engagement ring and wedding band, a ring my parents gave me for my 21st and another heart ring they gave me for my 10th birthday. I also wear a cross (it was my Aunt's when she was young and I got it when I was baptised). I usually have gold sleepers in my ear, and a black leather watch on my wrist.

What is your beauty routine? In the morning I shower, wash my hair, do the Clinique 3 step process, and put on my makeup. Then I breakfast before going back to do my hair and clean my teeth. In the evening, I take off my makeup and clean my teeth again.

What was the last item of clothing you bought? Does a wetsuit count? Actually, I think it was a rose coloured top, but I haven't bought anything this year.

Do you use a dresser, closet, or both? We have a built in and I top it up with the drawers in my dressing table (which I love).

What type of earrings are in your ears right now? Gold sleepers.

What type of figure do you have? Average I guess, 5'6" (and I weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces when I was born which I think is kind of ironic).

Do you wear glasses? Yes.

What type of handbag do you carry? A black zip up one - I think its italian.

What is your ideal style? I like women who dress with femininity (I can't spell). I guess the classic looks of the 1940s and 1950s are very appealing.

What jewelry are you wearing right now? See question 1.

Do you wear knee-hi stockings? No!

Do you wear makeup? I wear it inconsistently. It really depends how late I am running in the morning. I am beginning to think I should just carry it with me to work and put it on there since I am usually the first in. [As a side note - sob story: I dropped and smashed my blush this morning because I was rushing!]

Do you wear nightgowns? Actually I love nightgowns particularly lovely feminine cotton ones in summer - so cool. In winter I am all for the flannel PJs.

What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winter's day? Usually a camel coat and matching beret. I change the colour of my scarf day to day. I catch a train early in the morning and it is usually chilly.

What is your favorite perfume? Miss Dior Cherie (or is it the other way around - I can't be bothered going to check in the bedroom).

Is your motto "quality over quantity"? Yes, I would rather invest in something I love to wear regularly.

Do you wear rain boots? We call them gumboots here in Australia. And, I do have pair of jade coloured ones for taking the dogs to the park when it is raining.

Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold? I have slippers (several pairs in fact) - but in all honesty I wear socks.

Do you have a set of travel luggage? No.

What is your daily uniform? At work I usually wear a skirt or trousers, a blouse and a knit jumper (add tights in winter). I usually have a cardigan over the top of the jumper (what you guys call a sweater) because I am always cold in the airconditioning.

If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? Yes it was a half length veil, it had some beading on it that matched the bottom of my wedding dress.

Do you wear a watch? Yes, gold with a black leather band.

What item of clothing always makes you feel extremely beautiful? I like wearing a summer dress or skirt and blouse.

What is your favorite type of yarn? Going to go with cashmere here, or lambswool. I will not buy cotton.

Do you prefer zippers or buttons? On cardigans buttons.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 23 is the most recognized and often quoted chapter in the Bible. For those that might not be familiar with its comforting words, I quote it here in its entirety.

    Psalm 23
    A psalm of David.
    1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
    2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
    he leads me beside quiet waters,

    3 he restores my soul.
    He guides me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.

    4 Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

    5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
    You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.

    6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
    forever.

    ReplyDelete