Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
On Saturday we went to see Carmen at the Opera House. This was my first ever opera experience. My husband was really keen to go, though I was a bit dubious. I was concerned that I would only enjoy the pieces of music that I knew from Best-of-Opera type CDs - and with a two and a half hour performance, I didn't think that would be a significant portion of the show! Actually, I found it really enjoyable. Opera Australia had two visiting artists from the US - Michael Todd Simpson (as Escamillo) and Kirsten Chavez (as Carmen) - both were brilliant. They cast was huge; with wonderful costuming. Oh, and the sets were superb as well. I think one of the highlights for me was when Escamillo, the torero, came onto the stage riding a horse and singing!
Yesterday (Sunday) we went to see Juno. Everything I have read about it in people's posts has been positive and it really lived up to my expectations. The patter between the characters was so witty and funny. If you haven't already gone, I would recommend it.
Have a great day.
Friday, January 25, 2008
1. What is your occupation? Economist
2. What colour are your socks right now? Bare feet but I was wearing pink socks with lacy elastic at work (casual Friday!)
3. What are you listening to right now? My husband is watching the 7pm ABC news, so I am listening to that...talking about the US issuing cheques as an economic stimulus at present.
4. What was the last thing you ate? We just had country chicken risotto for tea
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Well, I learnt on a manual, but I don't know if I could drive it any more - I haven't driven one since I did my test at 17.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? pink!
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? I took a call for a colleague that wasn't at her desk.
8. How old are you today? 24
9. Favorite drink? Lindt dark hot chocolate
10. What is your favourite sport to watch? Tennis or cricket
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? I've had streaks before.
12. Favorite reality TV show? The Madness of Modern Families
13. What was the last movie you watched? The Golden Compass
14. Favorite day of the year? Christmas Day.
15. What do you do to vent anger? Ring my Mum or speak to my husband - and cry.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My teddy named "teddy" - my grandparents gave it to me the day I was born (they had bought it as a christmas present in case I came early).
17. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring.
18. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
19. Cherries or blueberries? I like both; but probably cherries most.
20. Do you want your friends to email you back? I like confirmation that have received my email 21. Favorite dessert? Lemon merengue pie
22. Living arrangement? I live in a 4 bedroom, two bathroom home with my husband and 2 dogs. We don't use the second bathroom as it saves cleaning.
23. When was the last time you cried? Last week; though I almost burst into tears over a book I was reading on the train home this afternoon.
24.What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes.
25. What did you do last night? Went to a medical appointment then out to dinner with my husband - we had vietnamese.
26. What inspires you? Craft blogs, Book blogs, books and magazines.
30. What are you afraid of? cockroaches
31. Plain, cheese, or spicy burgers? Cheeseburger
32. Favorite breed of dog? I love St Bernards; not very practical though.
33. How many years at your current job? 2 years - in a weeks time.
34. Favorite day of the week? Friday because the whole weekend is ahead of me.
35. How many states have you lived in? 2, Western Australia and New South Wales. I also spent 6 months in New York
36. Celebrity crush? James Darcy....I loved him as Nicholas Nickelby.
37. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No.
38. Who is your favorite NFL team? Ok, not relevant to an Australian. But I go for the Dockers in the AFL.
39. Do you have a house phone that is not cordless? No, but really should get one.
40. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? As we are currently suffering through summer with no airconditioning in our home I have to say 10 inches of snow.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Anyway, onto a more cheery subject. It is a beautiful warm day here so on our return from work my husband and I wandered down to the shops (with the dogs) and treated ourselves to an icecream. This is something we rarely do (actually come to think of it I don't think we have ever done it previously), so a really nice treat. Anyhow, today is Wednesday and one of my favourite nights for TV. First I watch a Nigella Lawson Feast episode. Then the British TV shows My Family and The Complete Guide to Parenting. Both just so funny.
Well, I must fly - dinner to prepare; we are having stir-fry and Nigella starting in 10 minutes! Yikes!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
My sewing projects. There is a wonderful community of supportive crafters out there. I have been enjoying it from the sidelines for a while but now I would love to be part of it.
My life. As it happens. Moving. Military LIfe. Travel. Faith.
I don't know whether trying to capture all these different facets of my life on one site will work or it will be too much. Time can only tell. And with that, I look forward to starting the journey and sharing it with you.