Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Puppy School

Sh, so Monty doesn't know that boys aren't supposed to wear ribbons! He is desperately in need of a haircut and I couldn't get a Saturday appointment with the dog's hairdresser until mid July. The hair ribbon was supposed to help him to see, but he got it off about 10 minutes after I took this photo. He is snug as a bug in a rug.....it is winter here.

Our dogs have social problems. They are really aggresive to other dogs when they are out walking - and as you can see they are not really the size to pick a fight! We don't know how to solve the problem so we have called in the experts from "Bark Busters". Ken, the trainer for our area of Sydney, came in for two hours on Saturday. My gosh, the dogs are reformed characters. Apparently I have been contributing to the problem (kind of already guessed that). For instance, I pick them up to try to get them to stop their behaviour - this actually raises their status in the pack because they gain height, making them even more aggresive. Whoops!

Also, Ken says that our dogs our hyperactive. This might be a result of their diet. He has told me they have to be on a raw food diet - a mixture of human mince, vegetable and eggs. I spent half an hour on Saturday afternoon blending the ingredients together in a food processer. Fun! I have made enough for two weeks. I can tell you, given the additional effort - it better be effective.

They are real darlings though, so I think it is worth the cost and effort to improve their behavior. Soon, they should be well behaved enough to take on outings to cafes etc. I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. You must try and go to Paris for the day when you are in the UK. If you book your Eurostar tickets early (at least two months in advance) they cost next to nothing. I would say take an early train and then come back midafternoon, it was just perfect! Also, do go to Kampapark! As I said it was a delightful meal and you can be seated right on the river looking out to the Charles Bridge. They have a wide selection of seafood, meat and amazing vegetarian options. I got the Truffle, Pumpkin Soup to start then the Mushroom Risotto as my main course and a chocolate 'suprise' for dessert. One of the best meals ever! You will adore Prague!

    ReplyDelete