Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Post Christmas Days

So much reading has been going on here.  DH has been absorbed in Nicholas Monserrat's The Cruel Sea, and Ginger has been positively devouring (in a literal sense) her board books.


Books Ginger pulled off the shelf.
5 minutes later different books off the shelf
For my part I have been tearing through my stash of Christmas books.  It has become a post-Christmas tradition for me to spend the lead up to the new year wallowing in Alexander McCall Smith's latest offerings. 


Such a gentle way to see out the old year.  Only The Double Comfort Safari Club to go and then another 12 month wait to spend time with his characters again.


I have also been digging into my other Christmas gifts, two of Annabel Langbein's cookbooks - The Free Range Cook and Eat Fresh: Cooking Through the Seasons.  I loved watching The Free Range Cook on ABC; set in beautiful New Zealand.  Good thing DH pays attention to these little (subtle?) hints!  So many meals from these books are featuring on my new year's menu plan.  Lucky they are all about fresh, unprocessed ingredients, as according to DH 2011 is the year of looking after his body!


On next fortnight's menu:
  • Lamb, Rosemary and Apple Sausage Rolls
  • Green Bean and Peanut Noodles
  • Caramelised Onion and Feta Tart
  • Baked Lemongrass and Chilli Chicken
  • Chicken and Mint Salad rolls
  • Couscous with Beetroot and Almonds
  • Silverbeet, Feta and Pinenut Roll
Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment