|I picked up this mat for $1 at the recent St Vinnie's Warehouse sale - the blocks, Tonka truck and basket are also op-shop finds from over the years!|
|Yes - $2! I couldn't quite believe how nice it was, only the plain blue wool was sticking out of the shelf.|
I picked up a couple of items from the clearance trolley at Woolworths - Licensed Character sandwich boxes marked down to $1.40. They contained biscuits (made in China and sickly sweet) so I threw the biscuits out and have put the boxes in the present cupboard for Christmas stockings (I will probably fill them with Christmas sweeties). Also, picked up 6 jars of Jam that were marked down to $2.99; while I know this is not the cheapest jam you can buy these were Australian fruit (and after the recent Hepatitis scare I am being careful).
Made a double batch of Granola and pita bread crisps. We had the pita bread crisps for a picnic lunch on Saturday along with homemade hummus.
Sold one item on Gumtree.
Finally completed, and sent off, some private health fund and Medicare claims.
Purchased a container of Schleich (and some misc Chinese; though I note Schleich is also now made in China) animals secondhand on Gumtree. Some of these will be used on birthday cakes in the next month (this idea) and some will be for future presents (yes, I am determined those stockings will not be a labour come December this year!).
Had some success at the local op-shops:
- a $3 piece of Corduroy (unfortunately more dark green - but Beggars are not Choosers!),
- a pair of size 3 Jeans for Tom Kitten ($3)
- a Djeco Mermaid puzzle for Ginger's birthday ($2)
- a flannelette cot flat sheet which I will use for a nightie Ginger wants made since she simply refuses to wear PJs ($1)
- a pink fitted cot sheet ($1) since our others are now in preschool nap bags circulation.
- a beautiful hand-embroidered cot blanket ($2)
- a children's day of the week and weather calendar (50c) - I have wanted one for ages; just need to redo the years as it 'ran out' in 2014!
- a doll's helmet (20c) for Ginger's birthday.
Dehydrated bananas after picking them up at Aldi marked down to $1.50 a kilo. They were quite bruised so I think they were Cyclone victims (LOL).
Borrowed and watched season 4 of Downton Abbey from the library.