Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - Early Autumn

Outside My Window...
Darkness, as evening seems to draw in earlier and earlier.
I am thinking...
how nice it is to have my chicken in the fridge marinating for tomorrow night.
I am thankful for... 
a dear friend with whom I spent a weeking sewing.  And, for a husband that looked after Ginger for 6 hours while we went to a Girls' Stitch-In.
From the learning rooms...
A baby girl who can walk, clap hands and say five words.  Each month I seem to have a different child.

From the kitchen...
A vegetable thai green curry, fortunately leftover in the fridge from the weekend - since I discovered at 4pm that the roast chicken I was planning for tonight's dinner needed to marinate overnight.
I am wearing...
ballet clothes and a t-shirt, having just got back from ballet in time to feed Ginger.

I am creating...
A birthday dress for Ginger.

I am going...
to finish cleaning up the kitchen, as DH has gone off to study, then put on a Lark Rise to Candleford and keep working on Ginger's dress.  I will have to tackle my first zip placement this evening.
I am reading...
The Prayer of Jabez and John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany.

I am hearing
the fridge whir, the dog scratch and crickets chirping.

On my mind...
how much I have to do before Ginger's birthday, and what party activities and food we should have on the day.

Around the house...
a stack of laundry to fold, DH wants biscuits (cookies) to take to work for snacks and a blanket that will need to be re-washed because we are having major water quality issues in our shire and the blanket is, after being washed this afternoon, now covered in mineral stains.  Such a pain.

One of my favorite things...
chocolate, and I am feeling the pain of giving it up for lent.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Ginger's swimming lesson, a pointe class, defence playgroup, lots of sewing, and a bathroom deep clean.

Small window into my life...
 
The Girl's Stitch-In I attended this weekend.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: