Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - March 21 2011

Outside My Window...
Thick fog, it is 8:30am and it still hasn't cleared.  Up here on the range it often hang arounds for days.  It feels very autumnal.
 
I am thinking...
of the poor people in Japan and those heroes who are risking their lives to bring the reactors under control.
 
I am thankful for... 
finding the tick on our dog Monty before it did any serious damage.
 
From the learning rooms...
Ginger has learnt the word star, and is beginning to understand the concepts of 'in' and 'out'.

From the kitchen...
DH had a busy day yesterday baking and preserving - monte carlo biscuits (ever so rich), banana cake, chicken pot pie and quince preserve.  I need to put together a pumpkin gnocchi dish for dinner tonight.
 
I am wearing...
jeans, pink striped long sleeve top, socks and black mary-janes.

I am creating...
strips of quilting for my quilt.  I made quilts for both Ginger and DH for Christmas, so now I need to finish mine. 

I am going...
to take Ginger to storytelling at our church this morning, then hopefully she will manage a nap before we have to go out again to the chiropractor.
 
I am reading...
John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany (still) and Seek and You Shall Find by the Taize community.

I am hearing
Radio National with a story on hospital admittance predictors, as well as Ginger laughing as she chases the dog.

On my mind...
what we are going to do with the children if the weather continues like this for Ginger's birthday party.  Also, how is my baby almost one!


Around the house...
laundry in the dryer rather than on the line because of the rain, bed sheets to change, floors to mop and some major weeding needed in the back garden before the party.

One of my favorite things...
cups of hot tea - particularly now I have some yummy blends in the house.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
add button closures to 5 cushion covers I sewed last September which are gaping open!  Also, clean out the bedroom closets (bedroom zone on flylady this week), and make bread.

Small window into my life...
 
 

2 comments:

  1. She is precious! I am also going to attempt to bake bread this week - we shall see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely visit to your life, totally adorable little girl at the end, love Posie

    ReplyDelete