Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sleepyhead



I've had a bit of a case of late pregnancy brain for the last couple of weeks, but I think last night tops it all.

I put Ginger to bed at her usual time of 7pm.  Wandered out to the loungeroom (Mr Provincial was in the study doing a tutorial and lectures), watched the news, did a bit of sewing, rang my 91 year old Grandmother (she's on Perth time so a bit behind us) and chatted to her for an hour and a half.  All in all, it was about 9:20 when I went into the kitchen to put the phone away. 

And, I thought 'those are little twitterings coming from Ginger's room, surely she can't still be awake".  I wandered down the corridor to see - and I had left the light on in her room for all those hours!

She was wide awake and quite accepting of Mummy's apologies for keeping her up.  I got her up, gave her a cup of milk and we read a few stories before I rebedded her for the night.

I don't know whether I should just put the episode down as an example of how good she is at entertaining herself.  Two and a half hours for a near two year old, without so much as a tear (the noise of crying does penetrate to this part of the house).  

I am planning to just let her sleep til she wakes this morning.  After all, Mummy owes her that much:)

*These photos were from naptime a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. What a good girl she is!!!I think you are entitled to those moments at your stage of pregency...heck i'm not pregnant and still have those moments....i forgot to turn the girls music on the other night when they went to sleep and was getting grumpy that they wouldn't settle down before i realised my mistake!!!
    Hope she had a nice sleep in !!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a little sweetie and such a happy little girl you have to be so content to lie in her bed for a few hours. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy.:)

    ReplyDelete