Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Book Blogger Deviant Bakes.....

My husband tells me that I should not be blogging about my baking here because I have portrayed this as a book blog and, as such, to blog about other things would make my title "A Lady Bug's Books" misrespresentative. I am going to do it anyway. I have promised him I will include a book reference or two......so, from the novel I am reading now - I Capture the Castle - which has been expediated up my TBR list by Simon's insistence over on Stuck in a Book "we had real store bought cake"....or, in this case, we did not.

I did quite a bit of baking on the weekend. I started off with banana cake on Saturday because I had a couple of sorry looking bananas floating around.



Then on Sunday I made a fetta and tomato tart for tea....



It was my husband's birthday last week, but he was away. As he requested a Black Forest Cake for his birthday I whipped this one up for him for our family party last night.

So anyway .... to get back to the books..... what is the best book you have read about food, not including a cookbook? Or perhaps, what is your favourite food quote? I loved the book Return to Paris: a memoir with recipes by Collette Rossant about her childhood and adolesence in Egypt and Paris.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Write about food as much as you like - your tart looks teriffic. Hmmmm books about food....well I have a collection of these. Recent favorites include Animal Vegetable Miracle and The Omnivore's Dilemma. I know you said no cookbooks but I have to mention Nigel Slater. His food writing is amazing and his cookbooks are more than just cookbooks. Check out The Kitchen Diaries or Apptite - both are sublime.

    ReplyDelete