Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Trip to the South Coast (Part 1)

I have been trying to post for several days now, but each time blogspot won’t upload my photos! So frustrating…. At first I thought it was our painfully slow dial-up internet connection. However, I got to work extra early this morning to try it there and struck the same problem. Anyway I have worked out how to condense files now (thanks Dad); so on to my post. And, there will several tonight.

This past weekend, my husband and I took Friday off work and went down the NSW south coast….

We spent Friday in Bowral…birthplace of Don Bradman (famous Australian cricketer) and E.L. Travers (of Mary Poppins fame). We went to the Bradman museum. This is the oval where Don Bradman played as a young cricketer.



We tasted pastries at the award winning Gumnut Patisserie, and shopped at the many second hand bookshops in Bowral.


We travelled on to our campsite, with the dogs (Abby - tan and Monty – white) for company. They both arrived on my lap after a freak hailstorm!


We saw these cool geese on the roadside at Robertson.



No comments:

Post a Comment