Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

To Market, to market to buy....

Had a very busy day yesterday. Took myself off to our local farmer's markets. These are only on once a month, so I have to stock up! Also, I am going to be away when the next one is on.

I picked up some lovely lamb chipolata sausages, some musli bars, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit and some freshly made wholemeal country bread. Yummy.


The peas are already gone. I spent most of yesterday wandering into the kitchen, podding a few and eating them raw. The rest will make lovely meals for the coming weeks.


Last night I went out for dinner with some work colleagues. We had a great time and didn't end up leaving the restaurant until the owners turned the music off:) The place we went serves Pakistani food and we had the wonderful Charga Chicken.....spiced, marinated chicken pieces, stuffed with yellow rice and rough-chopped onions and baked in the tandoor. We shared the platter below between all three of us. There was plenty to go around. So delicious.


Today I was planning a trip to a large book fair which is held annually in our area, only when I checked my email this morning to confirm what time it will open....uh, it was on 2 weeks ago. Whoops! Am thinking it is probably a good thing though as I have more than enough books to keep me going.

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so fresh, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what you picked up at the market! It all looks so fresh and fabulous. Too bad you missed the book sale...I was thinking I was going to see some book stacks here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had Pakastani food. It sounds yummy!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH I love the look of those veggies! I've tagged you in a post btw

    ReplyDelete