Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

As usual on a Thursday, joining Like Mother, Like Daughter.

{Pretty}


What I love about a visit to the op shop is you never know what you will find.  I picked up this bookshelf for a couple of dollars yesterday.  It is sitting on our fridge now with our favourite cookbooks on it. 

{Happy}

Even better is that the removal of aforementioned cookbooks from the main bookcases freed up room for me to move books from the bottom shelf of the small bookcase and so devote the whole bookcase to the storage of Ginger's toys.  Finally, there are no toys on the floor.  Everything has a spot.  Bliss in my book.




This "Let's Play" book is Ginger's absolute favourite read at the moment.  No sooner do you get to the end than she wants you to start at the beginning again.  If you ask her to pick a book for you to read she always chooses this one.

{Funny}

We are currently doing Heather's 30 Day Vegan program.  So, my shopping basket looked a little different this week and DH came back laden from the farmer's markets.  I came out from feeding Ginger after Church on Sunday to find a fruit and vegetable display on the kitchen bench.  DH just 'knew' I would want to take a photo for my blog!

Even funnier, after my dentist visit today I was sent home with Tooth Moose Plus to "remineralise my teeth".  That small red caution on the box says "Recaldent is derived from milk casien".  So much for the vegan lifestyle!




{Real}

I was trying to get photos of Ginger last night so I could participate in Nicole's post on Bedtime Rhythm.  She was not feeling in the least cooperative.  She screamed through being changed (actually I was changing her, DH was photographer) and through her teeth cleaning!  Poor bub, she has a cold and two teeth cutting.




8 comments:

  1. The toy shelves look great. I love being able to have everything away, makes it feel so much more civilized ;-)
    Poor baby, I hope she cuts her toothquickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious she is even though she didn't enjoy last night's routine! Also a big cookbook fan and so I really liked your new shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet girl-- I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little shelf! What a great way to display your favorites, and to have them close at hand. I hope your daughter feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, poor baby!
    That's a cute little shelf. And I love it when a little purchase like that just solves the gridlock and makes so many things better - what a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor little one! That last picture is a killer.
    ...although your top picture of the bookshelf is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the new shelf! And Ginger's shelf of things looks great.
    I recently bought Nigella Express - haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor sad Ginger-bug!
    I've never heard of Sleepytime Vanilla tea and I live right by Celestial Seasonings. I have to find some!

    ReplyDelete