These are just some of the meals we have enjoyed over the last ten days of Heather's Vegan Challenge.
- I am really missing tea. I drink my tea white so in the absence of milk I have no desire to drink it. On the plus side I have discovered fresh mint tea. I have always drunk peppermint tea - the dried teabag variety - but a fresh pot is an altogether different offering.
- Sweet potato cooked in coconut oil is our new go to for baked vegetables.
- Organisation is key. I really have to plan my menu a couple of days out and remember to allow time to soak and then cook my legumes. I have been using my slow cooker for the cooking part.
- Healthy sweet treats can be really, really good.
- Heather's curried chickpeas are hidden gold for a quick healthy snack. Ginger loves them too.
- Breakfast is probably my biggest challenge to leave out dairy. I have a confession - I am having proper old-fashioned porridge:) I went a week without but I just really couldn't take almond milk.
- Neither my husband nor myself have been hungry while eating this way. Admittedly, he hasn't exactly stuck to the rules as closely as I; but I think this is a real positive. While we don't have plans to eat vegan long term - I think the whole food aspect of this exercise has been very valuable.