Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewing Dresses

I have got a little bit of sewing done lately.  It is slow going though as no sooner do I start the sewing machine than Ginger stirs from her nap or night sleep - this despite the fact I have moved the sewing machine to the furthest corner of the house from her bedroom.  And, trying to sew while she is awake - let's just say that pedal holds a powerful attraction for a 9 and 1/2 month old.

What has been finished is two little dresses following a pattern by Oliver and S that appeared in Sew Hip a couple of years ago.  These are size 2, so won't fit Ginger for quite some time yet, but she truly has enough clothing to be going on with in the next couple of sizes anyway.

They sewed up in a couple of hours - and I am a slow, relatively inexperienced sewer. 

With some of great-Nanna's lace stash

With red jumbo ric-rac

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the poem on your sidebar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet dresses! I miss sewing for a 2 year old.
    I love! the poem in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete