At 9 months:
- She is 7.55 kilograms and 70 cm long. That puts her at the 15th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height. Pretty much where she has tracked all her life. I think her percentile for weight would be a bit higher on the breastfed chart, the Child Health Nurse thought around the 25th percentile.
- She is wearing a mixture of 3-6 month and 6-9 month clothing; gradually transitioning to the latter.
- She is crawling everywhere and is into everything. Pulling books off shelves is a favourite pastime, as is going for the rubbish bin and the dogs water bowl. She is driving the dogs up the wall by chasing them all day.
- She can pull her self up and coast along the furniture.
- She has 6 teeth.
- She is not sleeping well. We still have several wake-ups a night, and rise for the day at 4:30-5am! Sometimes she will have an hour to 2 hour nap in the day. Other times she ready to keep rolling on (even if Mummy is ready to fall over).
- She is doing much better with solids than at 8 months. Her favourites are apples, apricots, peaches, cucumber,crackers and roast meat. But all of the above - ONLY IF SHE CAN FEED HERSELF!
- She likes to share everything - one bite/suck for her, one for you or the dogs.
- She loves music and bounces along when I sing or play the piano for her (nice to have an appreciative audience). Music also works wonders as a calmer - if she is grisly in the car, the instant her music goes on she is quiet.